• Welcome to Zoltar machines user forum.

News:

Visitors, members.....welcome!

Main Menu

Salamans Zoltar bracket CNC

Started by Salaman, December 11, 2011, 08:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salaman

Hello

I'm going to document my slightly modified Zoltar bracket CNC build here
Understand that i am a newbie on this, so be understanding, and i'm glad to receive comments.
Below is a picture of my cad model.

I hope you enjoy!

Salaman

Here is some of the first laser-cut parts, and the bearings

Salaman

I used high precision screws instead of regular M6S screws for my bearings, and my home made spacers that I was making in our "high precission lathe"  ;)
All of this parts I did at my recent job, where I was a production engineer...
Now I work on BAE systems in the north of Sweden where I have much less access to that kind of machines.

Salaman

My first thought was to use steel nuts, but after I tried them I thought they were easy to pinch, so I decided to manufacture them in Delrin.
It was hard to get hold of a trapezoidal tap, but when I was on a customer visit to another company I saw they had one, and that I could borrow it.
And this was the result!

rikvancoolwijk

hi Salaman,

I'm also using a bracket machine, and I was wondering what kind of frame you are using for your bracket machine. Because the "standard" steel frame gives the machine al lot of its accuracy.

Regards Rik

Salaman

Hi Rik

I made my frame direct from Chris drawings, and made it completely from stainless steel.
The things I modified was the slade, because I used bigger trapezoidal axles
and I made some brackets in the end of the axles for flange bearings.

But then again, my machine is in boxes because I've moved and have nowhere to have it for the moment, I have not assambled it yet!

Salaman

Hello!

Now after i've been moving around for some time we finally settled, we bought a house in the country
where I have a big workshop and a rather big garage so a have the space now to continue.
I have unboxed my "brackets" for the first time in over a year.

See you soon (I hope)

Chris@home

Good to hear, welcome back!

-chris-