• Welcome to Zoltar machines user forum.

News:

Visitors, members.....welcome!

Main Menu

build 2nd prototype Zoltar CNC 2012

Started by gait, January 06, 2013, 12:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris@home

Hello Gait,

Thanks for your input here!

These 1204 ballscrews are small, balls tiny,
and harder to get in place then for instance the bigger 16mm ones.

If while assembly one ball ends-up in between the scraper and first row,
strange noises appear or can even block the whole screw.
Sometimes there is a space in between the first and second (third?) row of bearings.
If a ball endsup there, the same can happen and even damage the plastic bypass.

Always take care with that.

For cleaning better leave the nut on the screw with the balls in place,
Use terpentine, gasoline or other light solvent to remove dirt and pre-insert  grease.
Remove the scraper, and let it rest in the fluid and turn the screw once and a while intensively.
If the ballnut came on the wrong way around use a suitable tube to place it on for the change.

Hope these suggestions are helpfull.

Enjoy your 2012-NC !

-chris-

gait

All,

still loving this nice machine!
In the last couple of weeks I cleaned and greased the machine and it will run up almost 4000 mm/min with only a couple of cheap 0,5 Nm steppermotors. I most cases I cut with a speed of around 500mm/min in plywood 3 mm up 800 mm in nylon with 5 mm depth.

Yesterday there was a nice surprise, I got a cutting knife to mount on the machine and am now able to cut my own stickers.

So I prepared the stickers for a vintage glider the Robbe Argo. I have an original stickerset that don't want to use. I scanned and converted the picture to vectors:

After that I did a test cut of the D-3388 part and cut it out of very thin (orastick) adhesive foil. It went pretty well after adjusting the knife, thanks to Chris.

And the final result:

looking nice on my refurbished Robbe Argo (1983), almost ready for the vintage glider treffen next weekend.

Gait

Chris@home

2012-NC - Stickers!
http://www.zoltar-cnc.nl/media/forum/2012-NC - Stickers.mp4
Here a small video on the latest 2012-NC buildup for a customer cutting vinyl.

Gerhard, thanks for testing my latest 43mm swivelblade-mount design.
After many years gone into this development,
it has become a uniquely clever & simple design and also very easy to setup.
(although handy people maybe able to copy this toolsetup, this is not an open source design)
Super to see that it now even works with the thinnest plastic oracoverTM plastic foil.

More common vinyl sticker material is easier to cutup.
(@ Wouter, I did cut you a nice red vinyl- stickerset also)

> Complete 43mm Swivel knife toolsets are now available on request <

-chris-

PvA

Gerhard,

In one of your posting you wrote something about the tooth belt:
“here you can see the ball bearing of the x-ax at the motor side, the tooth belt and the protective shield for the tooth belt.
If the motors are attached to the x-axes and the pulleys are tighten to the axes we mount the protective shield to the frame. A ball bearing will be mounted in the protective shield to set the tension of the tooth belt”.
I have a question to this. I can’t find any information about the extra ball bearing to set the tension of the tooth belt? Do you have a picture of this?

Paul.

gait

Here you can see the mounted pressure rol (2 ball bearings a side) mounted on a hexagonal connection piece M6. The hexagonal connection piece takes care of the right distance between the ball bearings and the metal tooth belt shielding. The ball bearings together are wider than the width of the tooth belt.

Above picture shows the position of the pressure roll and the fixing screw of the assembly to the shield.

I hope this helps you to position the pressure roll to your machine.

best regards,

Gerhard

gait

All,

I finished the building of the Zoltar 2012 with adding the powersocket to the Z-ax assembly including also the powerchain. On the spindle mounting plate we also installed the LED's so the material will continuously be in a bright light so you can easily see how the milling continues.

So that's it for now.

Gerhard

Chris@home

Niceone!

Now your Kresscable wont be tangled up again ;D

Next the Isel Tabletop?

-chris-

gait

Hi Chris,

that might be the next step... ;)

gr
Gerhard